Monday 23 November 2015

that wall has to go!!!

Carpet out. Next step that wall between the kitchen and living room has to go!!!

So of course on Boxing Day we decide to take that wall down.  Most people shop, not us, we renovate!! :)  Nothing like waking up on a holiday and thinking "hmmm what can we do at the new house today?"

Here is the before shot:
this is the view from the corner of the kitchen.  I am standing next to the wall that needs to be removed


Standing in the dining room by the window
I know, not amazing before shots.  But when I took them I had not anticipated how quickly this area would change.  My Husband is super fast.  He said part of that wall is coming down and by the time I got there to take pictures he was already at this point!!!

Before the dust even settled I took this photo... so sorry it's not very clear!

This was a quick project.  We knew we wanted to open up the house some more but before we ripped out all of the walls we needed more of a plan.  So this was our temporary solution.  What a difference taking down this section made!! :)

Messy? Very! But also very exciting! I see endless possibilities with this wall down :) 
So up next.... well, you will just have to come back to my blog to find out!

Kim


ONE TIP FOR RENOVATING!

I would not normally suggest to someone that renovating during the holidays is the best thing to do, however this house was empty and all my decorations and such were not affected by the demolition! We also had a plan, short term, but still a plan.  So arm yourself with a plan and time and then when you get a minute go for it!!  Just don't start knocking down walls willy nilly ;)


1 comment: